We are looking for an accomplished corporate paralegal to join our rapidly growing team. As a paralegal at Applied BioMath you will support the company in all of its legal functions to advance the company’s ongoing growth. This role reports to the CFO, has a high degree of independence, and will interact with all areas of the Company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Support the Company's key business units and functions through the drafting and negotiation of relevant agreements (including template and non-standard agreements)
- Prepare and review various agreements and ancillary documents including non-disclosure agreements, consulting agreements, master service agreements and statements of work
- Assist internal sales team and external counsel in the preparation and review of more complex agreements
- Work with Chief Scientific Officer, on IP and patent related issues, and VP of People Services on personnel related issues
- Implement and oversee management of the Company's contract management system
- Support ongoing company-wide initiatives, including policy development, template standardization and adoption of contract-related technologies
- Manage all correspondences with state and federal entities
- Collaborate with and manage outside counsels and outside vendors in various legal matters
- Main point of contact for employees, HR and business leaders, recruiters and candidates regarding any immigration matters and decisions regarding immigration program and individual immigration cases
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with business
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree or paralegal certification
- 5+ years of relevant legal work experience
- Experience with or in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or medical device industries
- Knowledge of legal issues and best practices in contract preparation and administration
- Broad understanding of contract provisions (both legal and business terms)
- Outstanding writing, research, negotiating, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Attention to detail is a must
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Exercise discretion and sound judgment and be capable of handling sensitive materials and maintaining confidentiality
- Familiarity with contract management systems
- Tech Savvy - can create/use Word documents, Excel templates, Google documents, Adobe Acrobat, e-signing tools and open to learning/exploring new technical tools to help the legal team
- Massachusetts notary public preferred
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- General office environment
- Located within driving distance of our Concord, MA office; may work remotely or hybrid
Applied BioMath (www.appliedbiomath.com) is a rapidly growing, people-focused, organization that uses innovative modeling and simulation approaches to revolutionize drug invention and accelerate drug development for cutting-edge therapeutics. We have a fit-for-purpose philosophy and our projects are specifically designed to answer the unique needs of each individual client. From systems models that integrate disease pathophysiology with therapeutic mechanisms of action to population pharmacokinetic models to complex exposure-response models and model-based meta analyses, we offer a comprehensive suite of modeling and simulation services combined with strategic drug development support. Our analyses have assisted both large and small pharma and biotechs to: prioritize portfolios, identify knowledge gaps, prioritize and design experiments, predict optimal drug properties, and support clinical trials and indication/patient selection. Our results have reduced costs and accelerated timelines of drug invention. We work closely with drug program teams, scientists, program managers, protein engineers, and chemists, as well as senior managers, to best affect the outcome of drug programs in research, development, and clinical trials. We are frequently thought of as a member of the project team.
At Applied BioMath, our passion for science, technology, and helping patients is what drives our desire to revolutionize drug invention. Our team members are innovators and entrepreneurs at heart, and enjoy pioneering this paradigm shift of how drug invention is done. We love to learn, challenge ourselves and others, and create new science and opportunities. Scientists and all team members at Applied Biomath have the rare opportunity to work across therapeutic areas on treatments ranging from traditional small molecules and monoclonal antibodies to the most innovative modalities, like gene therapies, cell-based therapies, conditionally active therapeutics, antibody-drug conjugates, bispecific and multispecific antibodies, prodrugs, protein degraders, RNA-based therapies - here, you’ll see it all! As a member of our team, you’ll be on the forefront of drug discovery and development in an exciting, collaborative environment that supports your growth as a leader. We offer challenging projects and opportunities for development combined with comprehensive benefits and flexible work arrangements that help you balance your professional and personal lives. If interested in joining our team, please send your CV/resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through LinkedIn.
Applied BioMath is an equal opportunity employer; we take pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment. We will not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotions or any other employment practices on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. If you are a candidate in need of assistance or accommodation in the application process, please contact email@example.com.