Applied BioMath (www.appliedbiomath.com) is seeking a Human Resources Director to attract top tier talent in the life sciences industry and help support our rapid growth. The successful candidate will work closely with our services, software, and sales teams, to understand the requirements of the people we are looking to attract and develop a process to quickly screen and interview candidates. Additionally, you will direct the planning, development, implementation, administration, and budgeting of most or all of the following human resources programs: employment, compensation, benefits, employee relations, equal employment opportunity, organizational development, affirmative action, human resource information system management and training. You will also be responsible for developing company-wide programs and policies. The position reports directly to one of the Co-founders, the CFO. This is a very exciting opportunity for a candidate to join an industry leading company that’s about to experience tremendous growth.
Human Resources Director Job Responsibilities:
- Supports organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; assisting in candidate selection and screening; coordinating schedules of Company people and candidate for interviews; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; and recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Enhances the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Manages a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; and recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; and counseling employees and supervisors.
- Implements employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; and designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, conducting investigations and maintaining records.
- Enforces management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Retains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system and keeping past and current records.
- Cultivates professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Human Resources Director Qualifications / Skills:
- Recruiting & Hiring
- Human resources management
- Benefits administration
- Performance management
- Communication processes
- Compensation and wage structure
- Supporting diversity
- Classifying employees
- Employment law
- Laws against sexual harassment
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or similar work experience required
- 7+ years of experience in progressively responsible human resource roles
- Experience in the Life Sciences industry a plus
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory role
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
Applied BioMath (www.appliedbiomath.com) is revolutionizing drug invention by helping partners accelerate best in class therapeutics into the clinic. We do this by integrating disease biology, therapeutic mechanism of action, rigorous mathematics, high performance computing mathematical modeling approaches. Our analyses have assisted both large and small pharma and biotechs to: prioritize portfolios, identify knowledge gaps, prioritize and design experiments, predict optimal drug properties, support clinical trials, enable indication/patient selection, and help understand deep biology or generate testable hypotheses. Our results have reduced costs and accelerated timelines. Our approaches have been proven across multiple therapeutic areas including oncology, immunology, immuno-oncology, cardiovascular, CNS, for a multitude of indications. We work closely with drug program teams, scientists, program managers, protein engineers, and chemists, as well as senior managers, to improve the outcome of drug programs in research, development, and clinical trials. We are frequently thought of as a member of the project team. If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.