Applied BioMath is seeking an intern to support data mining and build database management framework using chemical databases for large/small molecules in the area of drug research. The candidate for this role as
Intern – Bioinformatics/Chemoinformatics Scientist should have a strong background in chemistry or related scientific field, as well as experience in programming in database query languages and scientific languages like python/R. The candidate will work in a collaborative environment, where he/she will also assist on R&D projects using local and cloud-based development environments to perform the analysis. The candidate is expected to be aware and up to date with scientific literature and changing technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Work with chemical databases/resources to develop interaction databases to aid in the discovery and design of drug molecules
- Assist and perform bioinformatic analyses for R&D projects
- Familiarity with medicinal chemistry or large molecule 2D/3D descriptors (fingerprints, SMILES, molecular graphs, etc.).
- Experience with chemoinformatic and bioinformatic tools and libraries, including preliminary and advanced AI/machine learning algorithms for end-to-end data analysis
- Strong scientific programming skills, and expertise with pipeline tools.
- Effectively interpret and communicate analysis results in a timely manner
- Participate in scientific discussions
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Currently pursuing Masters or Ph.D. degree Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Cheminformatics, or related quantitative field
- Knowledge of statistics, machine learning/deep learning is a plus
- Proficiency with statistical programming languages (Python, R) and database query languages in Linux environment
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- General office environment
- May work remotely, or in either our Concord, MA or Pleasanton, CA office
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Applied BioMath (www.appliedbiomath.com) is a rapidly growing, people-focused, organization that uses innovative modeling and simulation approaches to revolutionize drug invention and accelerate drug development for cutting-edge therapeutics. We have a fit-for-purpose philosophy and our projects are specifically designed to answer the unique needs of each individual client. From systems models that integrate disease pathophysiology with therapeutic mechanisms of action to population pharmacokinetic models to complex exposure-response models and model-based meta analyses, we offer a comprehensive suite of modeling and simulation services combined with strategic drug development support. Our analyses have assisted both large and small pharma and biotechs to: prioritize portfolios, identify knowledge gaps, prioritize and design experiments, predict optimal drug properties, and support clinical trials and indication/patient selection. Our results have reduced costs and accelerated timelines of drug invention. We work closely with drug program teams, scientists, program managers, protein engineers, and chemists, as well as senior managers, to best affect the outcome of drug programs in research, development, and clinical trials. We are frequently thought of as a member of the project team.
At Applied BioMath, our passion for science, technology, and helping patients is what drives our desire to revolutionize drug invention. Our team members are innovators and entrepreneurs at heart, and enjoy pioneering this paradigm shift of how drug invention is done. We love to learn, challenge ourselves and others, and create new science and opportunities. Scientists and all team members at Applied Biomath have the rare opportunity to work across therapeutic areas on treatments ranging from traditional small molecules and monoclonal antibodies to the most innovative modalities, like gene therapies, cell-based therapies, conditionally active therapeutics, antibody-drug conjugates, bispecific and multispecific antibodies, prodrugs, protein degraders, RNA-based therapies - here, you’ll see it all! As a member of our team, you’ll be on the forefront of drug discovery and development in an exciting, collaborative environment that supports your growth as a leader. We offer challenging projects and opportunities for development combined with comprehensive benefits and flexible work arrangements that help you balance your professional and personal lives. If interested in joining our team, please send your CV/resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Applied BioMath is an equal opportunity employer; we take pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment. We will not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotions or any other employment practices on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. If you are a candidate in need of assistance or accommodation in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.