Build and validate PBPK models. Intern will be responsible for researching published PBPK models that are validated and well-cited in the literature and bring them in-house. The models will be validated for use in our internal simulation framework.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Rigorous literature research and summary of well-validated PBPK models
- Implement published PBPK models from select publications into “working” models
- Validate PBPK model through simulations and benchmarking against key published results
- Perform exploratory simulations to demonstrate the utility of the PBPK model by testing in various patient populations and/or with different therapies
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Undergraduate degree or graduate student in chemical or biomedical engineering, biochemistry, biophysics, applied mathematics, scientific computing or a related field
- Experience with ODE based mechanistic mathematical modeling
- Good understanding of theory and principles of modeling and simulation
- Hands-on experience with scientific computing and programming such as Python, Jupyter notebook and MATLAB
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong critical thinking, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Temporary position (approximately 3 months)
- Remote position
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Applied BioMath (www.appliedbiomath.com) is a rapidly growing, people-focused, organization that uses innovative modeling and simulation approaches to revolutionize drug invention and accelerate drug development for cutting-edge therapeutics. We have a fit-for-purpose philosophy and our projects are specifically designed to answer the unique needs of each individual client. From systems models that integrate disease pathophysiology with therapeutic mechanisms of action to population pharmacokinetic models to complex exposure-response models and model-based meta analyses, we offer a comprehensive suite of modeling and simulation services combined with strategic drug development support. Our analyses have assisted both large and small pharma and biotechs to: prioritize portfolios, identify knowledge gaps, prioritize and design experiments, predict optimal drug properties, and support clinical trials and indication/patient selection. Our results have reduced costs and accelerated timelines of drug invention. We work closely with drug program teams, scientists, program managers, protein engineers, and chemists, as well as senior managers, to best affect the outcome of drug programs in research, development, and clinical trials. We are frequently thought of as a member of the project team.
At Applied BioMath, our passion for science, technology, and helping patients is what drives our desire to revolutionize drug invention. Our team members are innovators and entrepreneurs at heart, and enjoy pioneering this paradigm shift of how drug invention is done. We love to learn, challenge ourselves and others, and create new science and opportunities. Scientists and all team members at Applied Biomath have the rare opportunity to work across therapeutic areas on treatments ranging from traditional small molecules and monoclonal antibodies to the most innovative modalities, like gene therapies, cell-based therapies, conditionally active therapeutics, antibody-drug conjugates, bispecific and multispecific antibodies, prodrugs, protein degraders, RNA-based therapies - here, you’ll see it all! As a member of our team, you’ll be on the forefront of drug discovery and development in an exciting, collaborative environment that supports your growth as a leader. We offer challenging projects and opportunities for development combined with comprehensive benefits and flexible work arrangements that help you balance your professional and personal lives. If interested in joining our team, please send your CV/resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Applied BioMath is an equal opportunity employer; we take pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment. We will not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotions or any other employment practices on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. If you are a candidate in need of assistance or accommodation in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.