Applied BioMath is currently seeking a talented and innovative Principal Scientist, Bioinformatics to join our team in Concord, MA, (the Boston/Cambridge area) or Pleasanton, CA (the Bay Area). The ideal candidate will be able to build pipelines and support the analysis of both pre-clinical and clinical data sets including RNA-Seq, Exome and Whole Genome Sequencing, single cell sequencing, and high throughput proteomics, metabolomics and flow cytometry in order to identify novel drug targets, biomarkers and support exploratory translational research.
The successful candidate will provide technical leadership to develop a world-class bioinformatics team.
- Ph.D. in computer science, bioinformatics, genetics, or a similar discipline
- 5-8 years pharmaceutical or biotech experience
- Strong strategic and technical leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, experience working with multi-disciplinary teams and leading projects
- Experience managing workload & timelines, and track record of delivering work on time
- Extensive experience analyzing and interpreting NGS data
- Extensive experience is building AI/ML models on genomic and chemical data
- Hands-on experience with relevant public domain data sets including 1KG, Exac, GnomAD, and TCGA
- Fluency with cloud and Linux based high performance compute environments, R/Bioconductor and reproducible research practices
- Record of scientific achievement through peer-reviewed publications, invited oral presentations, or patents
- Familiarity with various disease areas including Immunology, Oncology, Neuroscience is a plus
- Partner with key stakeholders across the company to set and implement bioinformatics strategy
- Serve as an Applied BioMath project lead for the customer projects.
- Understand client’s questions and work closely with clients and internal scientists to define the modeling strategy and the scope of the model to effectively and efficiently address customers’ goal
- Clearly communicate modeling results to customers with diverse background
- Mentor junior scientists
- Help establish visibility for Applied BioMath’s modeling expertise by presenting at external meetings and writing publications
- Apply for grants to develop Applied BioMath’s internal modeling capacities
- Work with business development teams to draft statements of work for customer projects and to identify potential new customers
- Recruit and develop talent; set priorities, balance team workload
Applied BioMath (www.appliedbiomath.com) is revolutionizing drug invention by helping partners accelerate best in class therapeutics into the clinic. We do this by integrating disease biology, therapeutic mechanism of action, rigorous mathematics, high performance computing mathematical modeling approaches. Our analyses have assisted both large and small pharma and biotechs to: prioritize portfolios, identify knowledge gaps, prioritize and design experiments, predict optimal drug properties, support clinical trials, enable indication/patient selection, and help understand deep biology or generate testable hypotheses. Our results have reduced costs and accelerated timelines. Our approaches have been proven across multiple therapeutic areas including; oncology, immunology, immuno-oncology, cardiovascular, CNS, for a multitude of indications. We work closely with drug program teams, scientists, program managers, protein engineers, and chemists, as well as senior managers, to best effect the outcome of drug programs in research, development, and clinical trials. We are frequently thought of as a member of the project team. If interested, please contact email@example.com.