Applied BioMath is revolutionizing drug invention by helping partners accelerate best in class therapeutics into the clinic. We do this by integrating disease mechanisms, therapeutic mechanism of action, rigorous mathematics, high performance computing and systems pharmacology approaches. Our analyses have assisted both large and small pharma and biotechs to: prioritize portfolios, identify knowledge gaps, prioritize and design experiments, predict optimal drug properties, and support clinical trials and indication/patient selection. Our results have reduced costs and accelerate timelines of drug invention. We are looking for skilled scientists who enjoy working in teams, are leaders, and can challenge themselves and colleagues, to join our rapidly growing company.
At Applied BioMath, our passion for science, technology and helping patients is what drives our desire to revolutionize drug invention. Our team members are innovators and entrepreneurs at heart, and enjoy pioneering this paradigm shift of how drug invention is done. We love to learn, challenge ourselves and others, and create new science.
We are currently seeking a talented and innovative Principal Scientist, Mathematical modeler/Project lead to join our team in Concord, MA, (the Boston/Cambridge area) or Oakland, CA (the Bay Area). The ideal candidate will work closely with Pharmaceutical and Biotech teams to build fit-for-purpose mathematical models that help drive decisions in drug development. Models may describe drug’s mechanism of action, signaling pathways (intra- and cell-cell signaling), disease mechanisms (description and mechanistic), and drug toxicities. Modeling approaches include quantitative systems pharmacology (QSP), mechanistic pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic (PKPD), and traditional PKPD modeling of small and large molecules and novel therapeutics.
- Serve as an Applied BioMath project lead for the customer projects to lead an internal group of multidisciplinary scientists to develop fit-for-purpose mathematical models.
- Understand client’s questions and work closely with clients and internal scientists to define the modeling strategy and the scope of the model to effectively and efficiently address customers’ goals
- Serve as the modeler on the customer projects to develop, calibrate, and analyze mathematical models
- Clearly communicate modeling results to customers with diverse background
- Mentor junior scientists
- Help establish visibility for Applied BioMath’s modeling expertise by presenting at external meetings and writing publications
- Apply for grants to develop Applied BioMath’s internal modeling capacities
- Work with business development teams to draft statements of work for customer projects
- Help business development to identify potential new customers
- PhD or equivalent in biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, biophysics, applied mathematics, biology, biochemistry or related field
- At least 3 years of pharmaceutical or biotech experience in building QSP or mechanistic PKPD models
- Expert in differential equations and coding with MatLab or other relevant languages
- Understanding of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics for small and large molecules
- Understanding of drug discovery and development processes
- Experience in building models for oncology, immunology, immuno-oncology, or neuroscience is highly desired
- Experience with population PKPD models, statistical modeling is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, experience working with multi-disciplinary teams and leading projects
- Experience managing workload and timeline and track record of delivering work on time
- Record of scientific achievement through peer-reviewed publications, invited oral presentations, or patents
We are open to a more senior position based on the experience.
Email email@example.com to apply.