Applied BioMath is seeking an experienced Project Specialist to join our team. As a Project Specialist, you will be the glue that holds our team together by ensuring projects deliverables and timelines are met or exceeded. You will interface with all levels both internally and externally by building trust and rapport that we are a well-coordinated team with a keen focus on the client needs. This role is responsible for a variety of project duties in a fast-paced/dynamic environment, including project tracking, creating, and maintaining our documentation. You will meet regularly with the project leaders/teams for updates and will ensure consistent communication within the department and with clients. This is an opportunity to work amongst passionate team members committed to making an impact with multiple clients with the goal of improving patients’ lives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Coordination of all project routines which may include organizing project folder, uploading files, ensuring templates are used
- Ensure timely delivery of milestones through coordination with multiple stakeholders, project leaders, and teams
- Establish and develop collaborative relationships with the core team and serve as a resource for project members
- Proactively seek opportunities to ensure best practices are implemented, suggesting improvements to ensure quality, efficiency and effectiveness to streamline the process and reduce the workload of the team(s) you support
- Collaborate effectively across multiple teams, levels, roles, functions both internally and externally
- Assist in developing and executing structured project work plans
- Establish reports needed by key stakeholders and senior leadership
- Manage internal and client-facing deliverables; may capture and distribute notes and/or manage logistics for internal and client-facing meetings ensuring all stakeholders are informed
- Provides support to the leadership team to track action items, deliverables, and progress against goals for multiple projects.
- Willing to perform a wide array of activities ranging from administrative support, through coordination to basic management
- Reviewing and monitoring change requests and ensuring requests are made to appropriate environments
- Flexibility and ability to adapt plans to meet changing conditions and business needs
Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail, quality and professionalism
- Exceptional oral, presentation, and written communication skills
- Process-oriented, a superb writer, a clear and concise communicator, and an excellent listener
- Proven success in demonstrating trust, credibility and results-oriented leadership skills
- Consistent and punctual
- Willingness to share information, train and be trained, mentor and be mentored with all employees
- Proficiency in a variety of software packages including MS Project, Word, PPT, Excel, Google docs, and preferred proficiency in project management tools/software
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, in biology preferred or 1 - 2 years of experience in a project management role
- PMP certification is a plus
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- General office environment
- May travel occasionally to client meetings
Applied BioMath (www.appliedbiomath.com) is revolutionizing drug invention by helping partners accelerate best in class therapeutics into the clinic. We do this by integrating disease biology, therapeutic mechanism of action, rigorous mathematics, high performance computing mathematical modeling approaches. Our analyses have assisted both large and small pharma and biotechs to: prioritize portfolios, identify knowledge gaps, prioritize and design experiments, predict optimal drug properties, support clinical trials, enable indication/patient selection, and help understand deep biology or generate testable hypotheses. Our results have reduced costs and accelerated timelines. Our approaches have been proven across multiple therapeutic areas including; oncology, immunology, immuno-oncology, cardiovascular, CNS, for a multitude of indications. We work closely with drug program teams, scientists, program managers, protein engineers, and chemists, as well as senior managers, to best effect the outcome of drug programs in research, development, and clinical trials. We are frequently thought of as a member of the project team. If interested, please contact email@example.com.
Applied BioMath is an equal opportunity employer; we take pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment. We will not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotions or any other employment practices on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. If you are a candidate in need of assistance or accommodation in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.