Applied BioMath (www.appliedbiomath.com) is seeking a seasoned, science oriented, Lead Management and Sales Support Representative as a part of our North American marketing and business development efforts. The candidate will be responsible for managing the current and evolving lead database and fostering interest in Applied BioMath’s mathematical and engineering services within the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. This is a critical role as the company has reached an inflection point whereby adoption of the technology and services in the market is emerging rapidly. The Lead Management and Sales Support Representative will manage the lead lifecycle and will work alongside the marketing team to orchestrate all lead nurturing campaigns and outreach. The Lead Management and Sales Support Representative will be responsible for all lead follow-up from the marketing initiatives through email, telephone and/or teleconferencing. The successful candidate will work closely with the other direct business development team members and the marketing group. The position will report indirectly to the VP of Marketing. This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified scientifically oriented candidate interested in pursuing front line business exposure within the life sciences industry. This position also potentially provides a career path to a direct business development position.
- Custom lead nurturing for all leads generated by marketing sources. This may include email, video conferencing and on occasion personally meeting prospects (post COVID)
- Articulate Applied BioMath’s value proposition and present corporate overview and case studies to prospective customers
- Identify qualified leads for transfer to the direct BD representatives.
- Research companies associated with the leads and identify alignment with Applied BioMath’s portfolios and our services.
- Initiate research of the Pharma & Biotech industry to identify new companies and leads for outreach follow-up
- Enter lead and research data into corporate database (SalesForce.com) and create task items to ensure subsequent follow-up
- Assist with drafting responses to RFI and RFP submittals
- Where necessary, support marketing efforts such as conferences
- Strong understanding of biology or other relevant science. Famialarity with mathematical modeling and computing processes and knowledge of the drug R&D process at pharma and biotech a plus
- Formal education in the sciences, preferably biology, mathematics, engineering, or a similar field (Masters preferred)
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Expert in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with SalesForce and/or HubSpot a plus
- Motivated, organized and team oriented
- Comfortable giving presentations to knowledgeable audiences
- A minimum two years of experience in a sales or telesales capacity preferred.
- Self motivated, with a high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Ability to work individually and part of a team
Applied BioMath (www.appliedbiomath.com) is revolutionizing drug invention by helping partners accelerate best in class therapeutics into the clinic. We do this by integrating disease biology, therapeutic mechanism of action, rigorous mathematics, high performance computing mathematical modeling approaches. Our analyses have assisted both large and small pharma and biotechs to: prioritize portfolios, identify knowledge gaps, prioritize and design experiments, predict optimal drug properties, support clinical trials, enable indication/patient selection, and help understand deep biology or generate testable hypotheses. Our results have reduced costs and accelerated timelines. Our approaches have been proven across multiple therapeutic areas including; oncology, immunology, immuno-oncology, cardiovascular, CNS, for a multitude of indications. We work closely with drug program teams, scientists, program managers, protein engineers, and chemists, as well as senior managers, to best effect the outcome of drug programs in research, development, and clinical trials. We are frequently thought of as a member of the project team.