Applied BioMath is seeking a Senior Corporate Accountant to join our rapidly growing team. This role is responsible for overseeing and managing all accounting functions. You will help us build a strong financial infrastructure to support growth and scale and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will be experienced with; managing a US GAAP audit (preparation, production and responding to requests), accounting for US government grants – NIH/HHS, managing and maintaining all state level contacts (Sec State filings, UI filings & compliance, Worker’s Comp filings), as well as day to day accounting functions. This is a full time, exempt position reporting to the CFO and is located in our Concord, MA office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Entering and maintaining all schedules related to NIH/HHS grant accounting requirements
- Managing all relationships at the state level
- Overseeing the annual audit process
- Ensure accurate and timely month, quarterly and year end closing of the books
- Reconciling bank accounts and other banking requirements, as needed
- Preparation and distribution of financial statements and metrics
- Accounting policy development and work to identify efficiencies in order to streamline processes
- Resolve day-to-day and complex accounting issues
- Supports the budget and forecasting activities
- Assist or lead various ad hoc projects as needed
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field is required
- 5+ years practical accounting experience; CPA designation a plus
- Experience with NIH/HHS grants
- Experience managing/overseeing GAAP audit
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- Proficiency with revenue recognition standards
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with Quickbooks
- Strong communication,organizational, analytical, and attention to detail skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Team player, with a positive attitude, who is pro-active and owns accountability
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to live company values
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- General office environment in Concord, MA
If interested, please email email@example.com to apply.
Applied Biomath (www.appliedbiomath.com) is a rapidly growing, people-focused, organization that uses innovative modeling and simulation approaches to revolutionize drug invention and accelerate drug development for cutting-edge therapeutics. We have a fit-for-purpose philosophy and our projects are specifically designed to answer the unique needs of each individual client. From systems models that integrate disease pathophysiology with therapeutic mechanisms of action to population pharmacokinetic models to complex exposure-response models and model-based meta analyses, we offer a comprehensive suite of modeling and simulation services combined with strategic drug development support. Our analyses have assisted both large and small pharma and biotechs to: prioritize portfolios, identify knowledge gaps, prioritize and design experiments, predict optimal drug properties, and support clinical trials and indication/patient selection. Our results have reduced costs and accelerated timelines of drug invention. We work closely with drug program teams, scientists, program managers, protein engineers, and chemists, as well as senior managers, to best affect the outcome of drug programs in research, development, and clinical trials. We are frequently thought of as a member of the project team.
At Applied BioMath, our passion for science, technology, and helping patients is what drives our desire to revolutionize drug invention. Our team members are innovators and entrepreneurs at heart, and enjoy pioneering this paradigm shift of how drug invention is done. We love to learn, challenge ourselves and others, and create new science and opportunities. Scientists and all team members at Applied Biomath have the rare opportunity to work across therapeutic areas on treatments ranging from traditional small molecules and monoclonal antibodies to the most innovative modalities, like gene therapies, cell-based therapies, conditionally active therapeutics, antibody-drug conjugates, bispecific and multispecific antibodies, prodrugs, protein degraders, RNA-based therapies - here, you’ll see it all! As a member of our team, you’ll be on the forefront of drug discovery and development in an exciting, collaborative environment that supports your growth as a leader. We offer challenging projects and opportunities for development combined with comprehensive benefits and flexible work arrangements that help you balance your professional and personal lives. If interested in joining our team, please send your CV/resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applied BioMath is an equal opportunity employer; we take pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment. We will not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotions or any other employment practices on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. If you are a candidate in need of assistance or accommodation in the application process, please contact email@example.com.