Applied BioMath is looking for a highly capable full stack engineer to join our software engineering group. The mission of our group is to deliver cloud based modeling and simulation solutions to scientists, in support of better, cheaper, and faster drug development.
Help shape our tech stack as we develop large scale, distributed, and service-oriented architectures. Contribute widely by gathering requirements, automating deployments, and developing both frontend and backend code. Engage with scientific and mathematical experts in support of drug discovery.
- Implement and own the containerization of our stateless software services as we migrate to Kubernetes.
- Coordinate our adoption of managed AWS database and middleware services where appropriate, API Gateway, DynamoDB, RDS, SQS, S3. Communicate decisions and rationale to stakeholders and team members with diverse technical backgrounds.
- Play a central role in architectural evaluations and decisions as we adopt more managed services. Collaborate with the team to communicate the tradeoffs between different architectural approaches.
- Take an active role in the development and implementation of SDLC processes to support quality in an Agile production environment.
- Comfort with collaboration in diverse environments of biologists, mathematicians, scientific programers, software developers, and other technical disciplines.
- 5+ years creating well written, performant, and easy to understand code.
- 2+ years of designing and developing cloud native solutions using AWS services.
- Strong understanding of service oriented and microservice architectures, principles, and patterns.
- Experience developing microservices orchestration with Kubernetes.
- Comfortable with Python and Java
- 2+ years of experience with modern frontend frameworks (preferably Angular and React)
- Experience with several components of our current stack: Terraform, EC2, NGINX, RabbitMQ, Ubuntu, Travis, Elasticsearch, AWS RDS, DynamoDB.
- Obsessive in delivering quality software.
- Solid understanding of NoSQL database modeling and design.
- Experience with RESTful APIs developed in Django
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with low-level languages, especially C/C++
- Experience in life sciences or research environments
Applied BioMath (www.appliedbiomath.com) is revolutionizing drug invention by helping partners accelerate best in class therapeutics into the clinic. We do this by integrating disease biology, therapeutic mechanism of action, rigorous mathematics, high performance computing mathematical modeling approaches. Our analyses have assisted both large and small pharma and biotechs to: prioritize portfolios, identify knowledge gaps, prioritize and design experiments, predict optimal drug properties, support clinical trials, enable indication/patient selection, and help understand deep biology or generate testable hypotheses. Our results have reduced costs and accelerated timelines. Our approaches have been proven across multiple therapeutic areas including oncology, immunology, immuno-oncology, cardiovascular, CNS, for a multitude of indications. We work closely with drug program teams, scientists, program managers, protein engineers, and chemists, as well as senior managers, to improve the outcome of drug programs in research, development, and clinical trials. We are frequently thought of as a member of the project team. If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.