We are currently seeking a talented and innovative Senior Principal Scientist or Associate Director of Quantitative Systems Pharmacology (QSP) Modeling Project Lead/Group Lead to provide scientific and project leadership in the areas of quantitative systems pharmacology and mechanistic PK/PD modeling projects of different therapeutic modalities. The ideal candidate will manage junior modelers, lead multiple concurrent client projects working closely with Pharmaceutical and Biotech teams to build fit-for-purpose mathematical models that help drive decisions in drug development. Models may describe a drug's mechanism of action, signaling pathways (intra- and cell-cell signaling), disease mechanisms (description and mechanistic), and drug toxicities. The position will be located in either Concord, MA, (the Boston/Cambridge area) or Pleasanton, CA (the Bay Area).
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Lead internal teams of multidisciplinary scientists to develop fit-for-purpose mathematical models for clients from concept phase to drive to completion.
- Understand client’s questions and work closely with clients and internal scientists to define the modeling strategy and the scope of the model to effectively and efficiently address customers’ goals
- Inspirational, collaborative and strategic thought partner that provides direct line management for Applied BioMath modelers
- Clearly communicate modeling results to customers with diverse background
- Manage resource allocation effectively across multiple projects
- Serve as the modeler on the customer projects to develop, calibrate, and analyze mathematical models
- Help establish our scientific growth strategy at Applied BioMath including developing new methodologies and platform/disease models.
- Help establish visibility for Applied BioMath’s modeling expertise by presenting at external meetings and writing publications
- Apply for grants to develop Applied BioMath’s internal modeling capacities
- Proactively build teams by attracting and retaining diverse and top talent; embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and models these behaviors
- Work with business development teams to draft statements of work for client projects
- Help business development to identify potential new projects
Required Skills, Abilities and Education:
- PhD or equivalent in biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, biophysics, mathematics, biology, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences or related field
- At least 5 years of pharmaceutical or biotech experience in building QSP or mechanistic PK/PD models
- Excellent understanding of methodologies and principles of advanced mathematical modeling and simulations
- Understanding of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics for small and large molecules
- Understanding of drug discovery and development processes
- Experience in building models for oncology, immunology, immuno-oncology, or neuroscience is highly desired
- Expert in differential equations and coding with MATLAB or other relevant scientific computing languages
- Experience with population PK/PD models, statistical modeling is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, experience working with multi-disciplinary teams and leading projects
- Experience managing workload and timeline and track record of delivering work on time
- Record of scientific achievement through peer-reviewed publications, invited oral presentations, or patents
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- General office environment.
- May work remotely, or in either or Concord, MA or Pleasanton, CA office
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Applied BioMath (www.appliedbiomath.com) is a rapidly growing organization that uses innovative modeling and simulation approaches to revolutionize drug invention and accelerate therapeutic research and development. We have a fit-for-purpose philosophy and our projects are specifically designed to answer the unique needs of each individual client. From systems models that integrate disease pathophysiology with therapeutic mechanisms of action to population pharmacokinetic models to complex exposure-response models and model-based meta analyses, we offer a comprehensive suite of modeling and simulation services combined with strategic drug development support. Our analyses have assisted both large and small pharma and biotechs to: prioritize portfolios, identify knowledge gaps, prioritize and design experiments, predict optimal drug properties, and support clinical trials and indication/patient selection. Our results have reduced costs and accelerated timelines of drug invention.
At Applied BioMath, our passion for science, technology and helping patients is what drives our desire to revolutionize drug invention. Our team members are innovators and entrepreneurs at heart, and enjoy pioneering this paradigm shift of how drug invention is done. We love to learn, challenge ourselves and others, and create new science. Scientists at Applied BioMath have the rare opportunity to work across therapeutic areas on treatments ranging from traditional small molecules and monoclonal antibodies to the most innovative modalities, like gene therapies, cell-based therapies, conditionally active therapeutics, antibody-drug conjugates, bispecific and multispecific antibodies, prodrugs, protein degraders, RNA-based therapies, all from very early in the pipeline into clinical support - here, you’ll see it all! As a member of our team, you’ll be on the forefront of therapeutic discovery and development in an exciting, collaborative environment that supports your growth as a scientist and as a leader. We offer scientifically challenging projects and opportunities for development combined with comprehensive benefits and flexible work arrangements that help you balance your professional and personal lives.
Applied BioMath is an equal opportunity employer; we take pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment. We will not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotions or any other employment practices on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. If you are a candidate in need of assistance or accommodation in the application process, please contact email@example.com