Applied BioMath (www.appliedbiomath.com) is revolutionizing drug invention by helping partners accelerate best-in-class therapeutics into the clinic. We do this by integrating disease mechanisms, therapeutic mechanisms of action, rigorous mathematics, high performance computing, and systems pharmacology approaches. Our analyses have assisted both large and small pharma and biotechs to: prioritize portfolios, identify knowledge gaps, prioritize and design experiments, predict optimal drug properties, predict optimal clinical dosing regimen, and support clinical trials and indication/patient selection. Our results have reduced costs and accelerated timelines of drug invention. We are looking for skilled scientists who enjoy working in teams, are leaders, and can challenge themselves and support colleagues, to join our rapidly growing company.
At Applied BioMath, our passion for science, technology and helping patients is what drives our desire to revolutionize drug invention. Our team members are innovators and entrepreneurs at heart, and enjoy pioneering this paradigm shift of how drug invention is done. We love learning, challenging ourselves and others, having fun, and working together to create new, impactful science.
We are currently seeking a talented and innovative Senior Principal Scientist/Associate Director, Mathematical Modeler to join our team in Concord, MA (the Boston/Cambridge area) or Pleasanton, CA (the Bay Area). The ideal candidate will work closely with Pharma and Biotech teams to build fit-for-purpose mechanistic pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic (PKPD) and quantitative systems pharmacology (QSP) models that help drive decisions in drug discovery and development.
- Serve as an Applied BioMath project lead for customer projects and be responsible for delivering high-quality modeling work on time
- Work closely with clients and internal scientists to define the modeling strategy and the scope of the model to effectively and efficiently address customers’ goals
- Clearly communicate model assumptions and results to customers with diverse backgrounds
- Supervise and mentor junior colleagues to develop modeling capabilities
- Write reports for the modeling work
- Work with the business development team to draft statements of work for customer projects
- Help establish visibility for Applied BioMath’s modeling expertise by presenting at external meetings and writing publications
- Apply for grants to develop novel modeling methodologies and to improve Applied BioMath’s internal modeling capacities
- Serve as the modeler on customer projects to develop, calibrate, and analyze mathematical models
- Perform internal review and QC of other colleagues’ modeling work
- At least 5 years of pharmaceutical or biotech experience in building QSP or mechanistic PKPD models
- PhD or equivalent in biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, biophysics, applied mathematics, biology, biochemistry, or a related field
- Extensive experience with models based on PKPD, QSP, disease progression, and differential equations to influence decisions in drug discovery and development
- Hands-on experience with differential equations and modeling software such as MATLAB or other relevant languages
- Deep understanding and ability to independently implement standard model analyses (Monte Carlo simulation, sensitivity analysis, parameter optimization)
- Experience with population PKPD models or statistical modeling is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, experience working with multidisciplinary teams and leading projects
- Experience managing workload and timelines and a track record of delivering work on time
- Record of scientific achievement through peer-reviewed publications, invited oral presentations, awards and honors, or patents
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.