Applied BioMath (www.appliedbiomath.com) is looking for a highly capable numerical methods engineer to join our software group. The mission of our group is to deliver cloud based modeling and simulation solutions to scientists, in support of better, cheaper, and faster drug development.
As a numerics software engineer, you will help shape our computational capabilities by contributing to our core scientific computing services with attention to the development and validation of numerical methods, and their integration into our distributed computing infrastructure. Additionally, you will engage with scientific and mathematical experts in support of drug discovery, and play an important role in the development of new computational services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Become proficient with the languages (e.g. Python), libraries (e.g. SciPy, CVODES), and development tools (e.g. PyCharm) of the software team
- Learn, maintain, and extend our existing numerical methods, such as ODE integration, gradient descent optimization, and MCMC sampling
- Play a central role in the design, implementation, testing, and integration of new computational services
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Comfort with collaboration in diverse environments of biologists, mathematicians, scientific programers, software developers, and other technical disciplines
- 4+ years of experience in the development or application of numerical methods, creating well-written, performant, and easy-to-understand code
- Strong understanding of theory and practice of numerical methods
- Comfortable with Python
- Obsessive in delivering quality software
- Experience with gradient descent optimization is preferred, but not required
- Experience with MCMC sampling is preferred, but not required
- Experience in life sciences or research environments is preferred, but not required
- Experience with Julia is preferred, but not required
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- General office environment; no special demands are required
- Ability to work remotely or in the Concord, MA, office
Applied BioMath (www.appliedbiomath.
Applied BioMath is an equal opportunity employer; we take pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment. We will not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotions or any other employment practices on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. If you are a candidate in need of assistance or accommodation in the application process, please contact peopleservices@