Applied BioMath (www.appliedbiomath.com) is revolutionizing drug invention by helping partners accelerate best in class therapeutics into the clinic. We do this by integrating disease mechanisms, therapeutic mechanism of action, rigorous mathematics, high performance computing and systems pharmacology approaches. Our analyses have assisted both large and small pharma and biotechs to: prioritize portfolios, identify knowledge gaps, prioritize and design experiments, predict optimal drug properties, and support clinical trials and indication/patient selection. Our results have reduced costs and accelerate timelines of drug invention. We are looking for skilled scientists who enjoy working in teams, are leaders, and can challenge themselves and colleagues, to join our rapidly growing company.
At Applied BioMath, our passion for science and technology is what drives our desire to revolutionize drug invention. Our team members are innovators and entrepreneurs at heart, and enjoy pioneering this paradigm shift of how drug invention is done. We love to learn, challenge ourselves and others, and create new science.
We are currently seeking a talented and innovative Senior/Principal Scientist, Biology to join our team either in Concord, MA, (the Boston/Cambridge area) or Pleasanton, CA (the San Francisco Bay area). The ideal candidate will work closely with Pharma and Biotech teams to provide biological expertise for the development of mathematical models that help drive decisions in drug development. Models include pathways (intra- and cell-cell signaling), disease (description and mechanistic), quantitative systems pharmacology, mechanistic PKPD, and traditional PKPD preclinical and clinical modeling of small and large molecules and novel therapeutics.
- Provide biological expertise for ABM-internal and customer projects.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of client's goals and work effectively toward achieving them
- Ability to communicate simulation results in the context of drug development and discovery
- Review published and ABM customer data to understand disease biology, drug properties, mechanism of action, pharmacology
- Assess technical quality and utility of client and literature derived data to support the modeling strategy
- Generate project bibliographies and parameter tables in collaboration with modelers and other team members
- Stay abreast of key developments in disease biology, molecular/cell biology techniques and in drug discovery and development
- PhD or MS in biology, immunology, immuno-oncology, biochemistry or related field
- Ability to think critically about model inputs and outputs
- Ability to approach biological problems from a quantitative perspective
- Ability to quickly learn new areas of biology through reading the literature
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Biotech/pharma industry experience
- At least 3 years of industry laboratory experience with biophysical, biochemical, molecular and cell biological methods
- At least 3 years of drug discovery and development experience
- Knowledge of preclinical or clinical pharmacology
- Experience with mathematical modeling or systems biology is a plus
- Record of scientific achievement through peer-reviewed publications, invited oral presentations, or patents