Applied BioMath (www.appliedbiomath.com) is looking for a highly determined frontend engineer to join our software engineering group. The mission of our group is to deliver cloud based modeling and simulation solutions to scientists, in support of better, cheaper, and faster drug development.
As a frontend engineer, you will enable our users with beautiful, durable, and performant software. You will architect and implement frontends of multiple web products that leverage APIs of our distributed computing infrastructure. You will contribute to shaping the user experience, design, and workflows of the products you work on. You will ensure quality through contributing to our automated test suites.
This opportunity requires excellent communication with both other engineers and scientists. You will work closely with our team of biologists, mathematicians, and engineers to deliver new products and features. At its core, this position is about delivering scientific web interfaces that drive research productivity for drug development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Own and implement major frontend components, and mid-size applications that support multiple products in Angular 11+.
- Contribute automated unit, and end-to-end tests as part of our CI/CD strategy.
- Provide mentorship and guidance for junior members of the team.
- Contribute to the design of UX/UI for the products you work on.
- Work with product owners to identify and prioritize new features.
Required Skills, Abilities and Education:
- Comfort with collaboration in diverse environments of biologists, mathematicians, scientific programmers, software developers, and other technical disciplines (past experience in life sciences a major plus)
- 7+ years of experience in modern frontend development for desktop environments with frameworks
- 2+ years of experience writing applications in Angular 2+
- 2+ years of experience contributing to E2E tests (Test Cafe a plus).
- Strong sense of design for technical UIs leveraging Material Design or similar.
- Experience leveraging REST APIs (GraphQL a plus).
- Experience with UX and design methodologies is preferred, but not required
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- General office environment; no special physical demands are required
- Ability to work remotely or Concord, MA office
Applied BioMath (www.appliedbiomath.
Applied BioMath is an equal opportunity employer; we take pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment. We will not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotions or any other employment practices on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. If you are a candidate in need of assistance or accommodation in the application process, please contact peopleservices@