Applied BioMath is looking for a highly determined infrastructure engineer to join our software engineering group. The mission of our group is to deliver cloud based modeling and simulation solutions to scientists, in support of better, cheaper, and faster drug development.
As an infrastructure engineer, you will set the foundation for building and running resilient systems at Applied BioMath. You will own key parts of our web-based, multi-deployment, distributed computing infrastructure. Our group has a commitment to improve by reducing work through automation, leveraging managed services, and adopting best practices.
- Own and implement our containerization infrastructure using Docker, managed Kubernetes services, and related technologies.
- Develop build, test, and deploy pipelines in support of our organization’s CI/CD strategies.
- Implement systems for monitoring of events, system metrics, and application performance. Integrate systems with alerting tools.
- Communicate decisions and rationale to stakeholders and team members with diverse technical backgrounds.
- Lead architecture evaluations and decisions as we adopt more managed services. Collaborate with the team to communicate the tradeoffs between different architectural approaches.
- Comfort with collaboration in diverse environments of biologists, mathematicians, scientific programers, software developers, and other technical disciplines.
- 3-5 years of experience in infrastructure, SRE, or platform engineering roles.
- 1-2 years of designing and developing infrastructure using AWS services.
- 2+ years of experience in containerized environments.
- Comfortable with Python. Experience with Java + Maven/Gradle a plus.
- Experience with several components of our current stack: Terraform, EC2, AWS Load Balancers, NGINX, RabbitMQ, Ubuntu, Travis, Elasticsearch, AWS RDS, DynamoDB.
- Experience with AWS EKS a major plus.