Client Engagement Specialist
Applied BioMath is seeking a science-oriented Client Engagement Specialist to join our North American sales team. The candidate will be responsible for managing the current and evolving lead database and fostering interest in Applied BioMath’s mathematical and engineering services and software within the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. This is a critical role as the company scales in response to rapid market adoption of our technology and services. The Client Engagement Specialist will work independently to manage all the outreach lead campaigns and lead follow-up from the marketing initiatives through email, telephone, and/or teleconferencing. The successful candidate will work closely with the other sales and business development team members and the marketing group. The position will report in to the Sales and Business Development Department. This is an exciting opportunity to pursue front-line business exposure within the life sciences industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Outreach to prospects (leads), which may include email, video conferencing, and, on occasion, personally meeting prospects (post COVID).
- Articulating Applied BioMath’s value proposition and presenting corporate overview and case studies to prospective customers.
- Nurturing leads and identifying qualified leads for transfer to the sales/business development team
- Researching the companies associated with leads and identifying alignment between their portfolios and our services.
- Initiating Pharma & Biotech industry research to identify new companies and leads for outreach.
- Entering lead and research data into our corporate database (SalesForce.com) and creating task items to ensure subsequent follow-up.
- Assisting with drafting responses to RFP (request for proposal) submittals
- Where necessary, supporting marketing efforts such as planning and/or attending conferences.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
A minimum of two years of experience in a sales support role is desired.
- Self-motivated, and a self-starter with a high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team; superior organizational skills.
- Comfortable giving presentations to knowledgeable audiences
- Exceptional communication, listening, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); or Google Docs, and experience with SalesForce.com and HubSpot
- Formal education in the sciences, preferably biology, mathematics, engineering, or a similar field (Masters preferred)
- Familiarity with mathematical modeling and computing processes and knowledge of the drug R&D process at pharma and biotech a plus
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- General office environment
- May require occasional travel for client meetings within the USA
- Position based within proximity of our Concord, MA office.
Please apply by sending your latest resume along with a cover letter stating why you are a suitable candidate for this role and would like to work at Applied BioMath.
Applied BioMath (www.appliedbiomath.com) is revolutionizing drug invention by helping partners accelerate best in class therapeutics into the clinic. We do this by integrating disease biology, therapeutic mechanism of action, rigorous mathematics, high performance computing mathematical modeling approaches. Our analyses have assisted both large and small pharma and biotechs to prioritize portfolios; identify knowledge gaps; prioritize and design experiments; predict optimal drug properties; support clinical trials; enable indication/patient selection; and help understand deep biology or generate testable hypotheses. Our results have reduced costs and accelerated timelines. Our approaches have been proven across multiple therapeutic areas including oncology, immunology, immuno-oncology, cardiovascular, CNS, for a multitude of indications. We work closely with drug program teams, scientists, program managers, protein engineers, and chemists, as well as senior managers, to best effect the outcome of drug programs in research, development, and clinical trials. We are frequently thought of as members of the project team.
Applied BioMath is an equal opportunity employer; we take pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment. We will not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotions or any other employment practices on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. If you are a candidate in need of assistance or accommodation in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.