Applied BioMath is revolutionizing drug invention by helping partners accelerate best in class therapeutics into the clinic. We do this by integrating disease mechanisms, therapeutic mechanism of action, rigorous mathematics, high performance computing and systems pharmacology approaches. Our analyses have assisted both large and small pharma and biotechs to: prioritize portfolios, identify knowledge gaps, prioritize and design experiments, predict optimal drug properties, and support clinical trials and indication/patient selection. Our results have reduced costs and accelerate timelines of drug invention. We are looking for skilled scientists who enjoy working in teams, are leaders, and can challenge themselves and colleagues, to join our rapidly growing company.
At Applied BioMath, our passion for science, technology and helping patients is what drives our desire to revolutionize drug invention. Our team members are innovators and entrepreneurs at heart, and enjoy pioneering this paradigm shift of how drug invention is done. We love to learn, challenge ourselves and others, and create new science.
We are currently seeking a talented and innovative Principal Scientist, Quantitative Systems Pharmacology (QSP) model lead to join our team in Lincoln, MA, (the Boston/Cambridge area). The ideal candidate will work closely with Pharma and Biotech teams to build fit-for-purpose QSP models that help drive decisions in drug development. Models may describe signaling pathways (intra- and cell-cell signaling), disease mechanisms (description and mechanistic), and drug toxicities. Modeling approaches include quantitative systems pharmacology, mechanistic PKPD, and traditional PKPD modeling of small and large molecules and novel therapeutics.
● Serve as an ABM project lead for a group of multidisciplinary scientists at ABM to collaborate with customers on the development of QSP models
● Understand client’s questions and work closely with clients and internal scientists to define the modeling strategy and the scope of the model to effectively and efficiently address customers’ goals
● Build QSP models with ABM internal software
● Mentor junior scientists
● Help establish QSP strategies at ABM
● Help establish visibility for ABM’s QSP modeling expertise by presenting at external meetings and draft publications
● Write grants to develop ABM internal QSP models and modeling capacities
● Work with business development teams to draft statements of work
● Help business development to identify potential new customers
● PhD or equivalent in QSP modeling, biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, biophysics, applied mathematics, biology, biochemistry or related field
● At least 3 years of pharmaceutical or biotech experience in building QSP models
● Expert in differential equations and coding with MatLab or other relevant languages
● Understanding of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics for small and large molecules
● Understanding of drug discovery and development processes
● Experience in building models for oncology, immunology, immuno-oncology, or neuroscience is highly desired
● Experience with population PKPD models, statistical modeling is a plus
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills, experience working with multi-disciplinary teams and leading projects
● Experience managing workload and timeline and track record of delivering work on time
● Record of scientific achievement through peer-reviewed publications, invited oral presentations, or patents
We are open to a more senior position based on the experience.
To contact Applied BioMath about this job opening, please send an email to email@example.com.